Monday, August 17, 2009

Always in Bloom


Okay, I'll admit it! I didn't come up with this one on my own but I did add some of my own style by adding a texture that just made the card. I love the color combination - great for summer (or should I say end of summer?)!

Supplies:
Always in Bloom stamp set
Whisper White card stock
Scraps in Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Only Orange and Certainly Celery
Only Orange and Brilliant Blue ink pads
Big Shot and Texturz plates


How I did it:
The base of the card is Whisper White. I cut scraps of Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Only Orange and Certainly Celery to fit the background of the card. Before layering these on my base, I placed these scraps on the Big Shot and used the Texturz Plate to add texture to the scraps. I then stamped the Always saying in Only Orange and the bird in Brilliant Blue. I added a few brads to the card stock with the bird and then layered. Simple and a great way to use those scraps!

7 comments:

  1. I love the texture! I can't wait to get to play with all your new stuff. I miss stamping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss stamping with you too! We are all just going to have to get together and stamp! SOON!

    c :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in a few weeks, I will have a place to do it!

    C :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, looks good. I wish I was as crafty as you!
    love ya,
    dm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ashlan - next time we get together we'll have to make sure we have some time for crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this bird. I'm looking forward to stamping tonight. It's been too long since I've stamped so this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to put my name on the bottom of my first comment. "I really like this bird"...... See you tonight - Jojuan

    ReplyDelete